Friday, July 18, 2008

Old, old, old, ugh

Remember my daughter? The one who made her first trip that was not to visit family, but to visit other friends unaccompanied by adults, just a couple of months ago? Well, she'll be flying to Germany ALL BY HERSELF in about two weeks. Freaks me out. 'Cause you know what that makes me? Old.

Very, very old.

When you have a kid who has earned enough money to buy airfare to Europe and is planning to get there all by her little lonesome, you are officially OLD. She's quite excited, of course, to be visiting our first and third exchange students (in Germany) and the one who just left (in Italy). Me? I'm having a hard time visualizing her:


flying across the ocean. Oh, I guess it would help if I tried visualizing her:


Nope, still not easy.

I've been doing a lot of swapping on Swap-Bot and through mix CD swaps discovered Camille. I can listen to this song all day long:



Yeah, I admit it looks strange. And some of it sounds strange. But it's just got something about it that I am lovin'. In spite of the fact that I have absolutely no idea what she's singing about.

Lest you think I have abandoned my old fogey-hood, I did take my daughter to see Boston in concert for her 19th birthday. I'm just trying to avoid the pitfalls of being stuck in the past musically. Mostly because during my high school years? Disco was popular. I'm still trying to scrub that from my memory.

2 comments:

blahblah said...

Who gave you permission to use my baby picture in your blog? That is UNACCEPTABLE!

And yes, please do scrub all traces of disco from your memory. *shudder*

LOL You know I'm only kidding! ;D

blahblah said...

Wow, um... Camille? On the un-live version, I totally couldn't even tell that was a human being making all those bizarre noises... I liked her better before I saw that *~*